Thursday, November 4, 2010

Choco-Crunch Pralines

Last weekend, while making late lunch, I decided on the run, to make some of the most delicious and easiest pralines, candy or crunchy treat I've ever had. I don't know what name to give to them, as the official commercial name owned by Nestle is Choco-Crossies and they are very very well known here in Germany. It is nothing but Cornflakes and Chocolate. So I decided to call them Choco-Crunch Pralines.

As I just mentioned, they are known and loved by the Germans. I always see people getting them in the supermarkets, and particularly, my husband's family love them. So, some time ago I decided to give it a try and it was so easy to make that I started experimenting with other classical additions that enhance the Choco-experience.

Last weekend I decided to make to kinds. First with dark Chocolate, I added Nougat (Hazelnuts-Cocoa cream), and Chopped Hazelnuts, and the second kind, with White Chocolate, Almonds and Coconut. Easy, quick, and delicious... Last day they were all gone!

Ingredients:
(many many portions, 2 baking plates full)

For the dark Chocky-Crunchy Praline:

  • 100 gr Dark Couverture Chocolate
  • 50 gr CornFlakes
  • 100 gr Nougat (Hazelnuts-Cocoa cream)
  • 2 or 3 Tbsp Chopped Hazelnuts
For the white Chocky-Crunchy Praline:
  • 100 gr White Couverture Chocolate
  • 50 gr CornFlakes
  • 2 or 3 Tbsp Chopped Almonds
  • 2 or 3 Tbsp grounded Coconut


Preparation:

In different bowls, melt in the microwave -carefully not to burn them- the Dark and White Couverture Chocolate. As well if needed, the Hazelnuts Nougat. You can also do it in your stove only in water-bath. But trust me, it is way easier and faster in the Microwave. Just some seconds and you're done. Once Chocolate and the Nougat are melted, comes the fun!

Grab one bowl for the dark Pralines and another for the white ones. Drop in the cornflakes, and each ingredient on each bowl. Add the corresponding Chocolate and mix energetically until the cornflakes are covered with the chocolate. (Reserve some of the chopped hazelnuts and the grounded coconut for later).


Now get 2 of your oven baking plates or any other big surface plate, cover it with baking paper (or aluminium foil or any non-sticky surface) and with 2 tablespoons, make little "hills" as seen on the photos. Don't worry for its irregular form, that makes them look much more home-made. To the Dark Choco-Pralines, let fall some Chopped Hazelnuts over them for decoration. To the white ones, add the grounded coconut.


Let them cool down in your fridge, or right now in the northern hemisphere, you can just leave them outside (covered) to cool down. Here at home, at around 6 pm, I placed them in my balcony garden-table, and they were cold and ready to be eaten in 10 to 15 minutes!


To store them, you can store them in a cookies can outside your fridge. They keep hard enough as any other good chocolate. About how long does they last? I don't really know, because every time I make them at home, they don't last more than 2 days... they are delicious!! And a last short tip: they are EXCELLENT for Christmas times!

No comments: