Saturday, September 18, 2010

Team Successes~ JenniferLadd



I hope you enjoyed reading about Studio Cherie last week. This week we are soliciting the advice of teammate Jennifer Ladd. Jennifer has been selling on Etsy since November of 2007 and she has logged 909 sales to date. Here is what she had to share with me...

1. What is your full name? Jennifer Ladd

2. What is the name of your Etsy shop? Jennifer Ladd

3. Tell us a little about yourself. I am a former French teacher turned stay-at-home mom for a beautiful 3-year-old girl. We adopted her from Vietnam in 2007. We are currently in the process of adopting our second daughter from Ethiopia (a gorgeous 6 month old baby)! If all goes as planned, we will be traveling to Ethiopia in October to meet her. I'm a Mommy by day and a purse designer by night - I have the perfect life ... I spend all day doing what I love!

4. How long have you been crafting/making bags? I have been sewing since I was a very little girl, but I first started making bags as a career about 3 years ago (a few months after my daughter was home). I needed a bit of a distraction from ABC's and Sesame Street, and sewing was a great creative outlet for me.

5. What is your artistic background? How did you get started? What has you’re your training? I have always been artistic and I try out as many different types of media as I possibly can. Sewing was one of my first loves, though - I learned to sew when I was about 3 years old by watching my grandma. I picked it up quickly and haven't stopped since!

6. What has been your biggest success on Etsy, or your other websites?
My biggest success comes from the smaller-priced items (wallets, coin purses, etc.). They make great gifts (for others or for yourself!) so they sell fairly quickly.

7. Besides having a great product, what do you feel is the reason for your success on Etsy?
I work hard at getting my name out there. I advertise, I contact blogs, I promote. It's a lot of work but it pays off.

8. Do you have any Etsy selling tips?
Great pictures are the key. I do a lot of shopping, myself, on Etsy. If I'm searching for something to buy, I am always attracted by light, bright photos. If a picture is dark, blurry, or boring, I just won't click (no matter how great the product may be!). I spent a lot of time trying to brighten up my shop, and I think it has a refreshing, fun look to it.

9. What inspires you?
I am inspired by beautiful color combinations. My brain just feels happy when I see beautiful colors together.

No comments: