Friday, October 14, 2011

October’s Featured Embellished Bag -

 

This months featured bag comes from Jamie Diaz of Warning Label Creations.  This being the month of Halloween I thought it would be fun to feature a “scary” themed bag.  Now, I agree, Alexander Skarsgard is not really “scary” looking.  He’s actually very good looking.  But I thought his character and the nature of the True Blood show fit in perfectly. 
I asked Jamie about her bag and what inspired her and this is what she had to say…
“I don't really have a process - I just see things and go, "Oooooh!" and then hoard them until I find something to match. I see potential in everything. Especially fabric. Who knows how much fabric I have anymore! I pretty much bought my house to have a place to put my crafting stash.

My inspirations are pretty varied. A lot of my bag designs are influenced by the subcultures that I like, heavy metal music being the biggest influence, followed by books and history (I'm an Anthropology major!). For this particular True Blood bag, I wanted something that was rich and exotic like Eric is in the TV show (although I personally prefer the books), so I went with a royal purple skull brocade, and lots of lace and ribbon and trim. Also, you just cant go wrong with Alexander Skarsgard, he's hot! They definitely got the right guy to play Eric!”
I have to say I agree with you Jamie about that last part.  I’m a big True Blood fan too.  And the bag is great.
If you’d like to be featured in next months post please contact me and let me know.  I’d love to check out your shop and your embellished bags.  You can email me at katydshandbags@gmail.com or send me a direct message on Facebook http://facebook.com/katydshandmade and don’t forget to include a link to your shop.  The only requirements are you have to be a member of Carried Away and make embellished bags.
P.S. No you didn’t read that wrong.  I did say next months feature.  My original hope was to do a weekly feature but with running my own shop, blog and day job I’m afraid I will have to limit my posts here to one a month.  I hope everyone can understand.  I do like doing posts here and love meeting and talking to other artisans.  Keep up the great work.

1 comment:

beanbun said...

Thanks so much for the feature! You work so hard for our team!