Ingredients: (3 servings)
- 125 gr / 3/4 cup White rice
- 300 gr / 2 1/2 cups Sliced Champignons (white or brown, your choice)
- 1/2 Glass White Wine (Dry, Chardonnay for example)
- 4 Tbsp Shredded or grounded gratin cheese (Gouda for example)
- 4 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 3 cups of hot or boiling Water.
- 1 small Onion, sliced or diced
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Leek
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- Salt, pepper, a bit of garlic, nutmeg for seasoning.
In a large cooking pan, at medium fire, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil, add the chopped onions and leek. Mix and cook until onion is begining to get transparent. Then add the sliced Champignons, mix and let it cook for a minute or 2. Then stir the mix and cover with a lid. Rest to cook for around 3 to 5 minutes. When the mushrooms, onion and leek are beginning to get covered with the cooking water, remove the mushrooms mix to a bowl keeping the liquid in the pan, and reserve.
Let cook for a minute. Add the mushrooms then season and mix well. Add the sour cream and mix well.
Then add the shredded cheese and mix (don't you love how the fine threads of the melted cheese covers the rice when stirring?). Remove from the heat and add the chopped Parsley.