Thursday, February 3, 2011

Veggie-Lasagna

Who doesn't like a good Lasagna? Ok Ok, this is not the classical Bolognese-Lasagna, but full of vegetables that makes it irresistible for all of us Veggies lovers!

I love to invent, to create and to add new ingredients or combination of them to well known recipes I am used to make. That's how I always come up with different mixes for pastas, or rices, or stews. This time I didn't want to spend much time when cooking, and when I opened the fridge, all we had were veggies, veggies and more veggies. As I know that the rest of the family are meat lovers, I found myself wondering what to make with so many veggies. So I decided to make use of the rest of the lasagna from the Tomato Lasagna, and created something new. I confess I didn't know how the result was going to be. And was well worth it!!!

What I love from cooking with pasta (in different kinds) is that you can always come up with something new, or you can adjust a recipe to your taste. So if you don't particularly like some of the ingredients, you can omit or change it. It will be good anyway.


Ingredients:
(4-6 servings)
  • 2 Tomatoes
  • 2 Carrots
  • 1/2 red Paprika
  • 2 Zucchini
  • 1/2 Onion
  • 15 - 20 Brussels Sprouts
  • 6-8 slices of smoked ham (like Italian Prosciutto, or German Rohschinken)
  • 6-8 Tbsp Cottage Cheese
  • 6-8 Tbsp Sour Cream
  • Cheese for Gratin (Edam, Gouda, Parmesan)
  • Lasagna Noodles
  • Salt, pepper, basil, garlic for seasoning
Preparation:

Slice thin all the veggies. In a sauce pan half full of boiling water, cook the Brussels Sprouts for around 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare a pan with few Olive Oil and cook the Zucchini until they are reduced in half their size, but don't over cook them, we want them half cooked and a bit crunchy.

Mix the cottage cheese with the sour cream and add some pepper. In your Lasagna tray, add the ingredients as shown in the picture: noodles, zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, onion, ham, noodles, Brussels sprouts, carrots, paprika. To close add the cottage cheese with sour cream mix and end with some Cheese for Gratin.

Bake at 200°C / 392°F for around 15 minutes, then raise to 230°C / 446°F for 10 minutes or until the upper cheese is golden brown.

When done, remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy with a good cup of white wine!

No comments: