Sunday, February 27, 2011

Interesting Find of the Week - Baby Boy Fabrics

This week I digress just a bit...while I was in NYC a few weeks ago, I went fabric shopping with one of my sisters, Alex.  She was searching for baby fabric as our sister Lizzy is having a baby at the end of March.  Alex ending up buying some Michael Miller prints with the idea of using them for little hats and summer clothes.  I will admit that in the past, I have admired some fabrics that I always thought would make wonderful little girl dresses, but looked at fabrics for boys?  Never.  So with that, this week's interesting find...baby fabrics for boys...

How adorable is this from the OH BOY Fabric line by David Walker in Dinos and Stripes.  This fabric can be found in Cottonblossoms' Shop.  




 
Or how about aliens and spaceships?  This silly print is from Michael Miller - Galaxy Visa which can be found in NauvooQuiltCo's Shop. If you look closely, you will see that the aliens are carrying luggage...

And for the eco-conscience, here are two organic fabrics from Ann Kelle which I found in Fabricworm's Shop...perfect for little boys...planes and trains:  
 

Ready Set Go, Planes


and Ready Set Go, Trains...

Of course I could always make a baby bag for my sister...(that's me, trying to make this post related to our "Carried Away" theme.... :). 


Until next week...Happy Sewing!
Helen

1 comment:

TiLT said...

Those fabrics are great!!! Wish I could get more now :( Another reason to sew faster...to buy more goodies :)