Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tomato Lasagna

Officially I am in diet :). Difficult as you might think, because I love to cook, among many other things I love to make with my own hands, cooking might share No. 1 position with Bags-making

So as you will notice in the coming weeks, I will be posting low-fat and low-carbohydrats recipes. I try always to make all my meals as low-fat as a I can, but I always tended to munch a lot of carbs. They are not a monster to defeat, we just have to be friendly to them and tell them from time to time: No.

Today I will share with you a yummy recipe that came to me from my husband's secret box of recipes (to give it a cool name), shared from his mom, and I think also from his grandmother. All 3 of them know a lot of how to combine well food groups as all 3 live with diabetes, the 2 different kinds, and all 3 are in excellent health conditions!

So for this Tomato-Lasagna, you will only need tomatoes, fresh mozarella, fresh cottage cheese, some basil, very few heavy cream and some lasagna noodles. Very fast to make and some minutes to bake, but please, enjoy slowly! :)

Ingredients:

  • 1 kg. Tomatoes
  • 400 gr. Mozarella (diced)
  • 300 gr. Fresh Cottage Cheese
  • 1 handfull fresh Basil / 1-2 Tbsp dried Basil
  • 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • 100 gr Heavy Cream
  • 100 gr Cheese for gratin (Edam or Gouda works best)
  • Lasagna Noodles
Preparation:

Wash well all your tomatoes. Dice them and place them in a big bowl. Add the mozzarella dices, basil (if fresh cut the leaves in smaller pieces) and olive oil. Mix everything well. (Here you have done a Caprese Salad).


In another bowl mix the Cottage cheese, heavy cream and the cheese for gratin. Season with salt and pepper.


In your Lasagna baking pan, cover the bottom with a layer of lasagna noodles. Then add a part of the Tomatoes-Mozzarella mix. Now add another layer of lasagna noodles. Now add a part of the Cottage cheese mix, then the tomatoes-mozzarella. Close with a last layer of noodles and on top the last of the Cottage cheese mix. Add some freshly grounded pepper on the top and some basil for an extra touch.


Bake at 180°C / 356°F for around 20 minutes.

No comments: