Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fish with orange cream sauce

Fish! not the singer, though I like Marillion, I never really liked his solo career. Now here I am talking about Fish, this delicious and healthy gift from nature. I love fish, specially fresh, soft white fishes. Here in Germany one of the most common fishes to find is "Seelachs" which I believe in English is called "Alaska Pollock".

In Venezuela I loved to eat "Corvina" which is one of the most common fishes to make the delicious and typical from the coast "Pescado Frito" (fried fish, which is the whole filet fried and served with french fries and salad). So back to Germany, I've been cooking usually this white rich flavored "Seelachs" and "Lachs" (Salmon).

Today I'm presenting a short and very fast recipe made with this white fish (Alaska Seelachs or Alaska Pollock), and I guess it can be done with any similar white soft meat fish, that it is not only very tasty but also really low-fat!. I hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients:
(2 - 3 servings)


  • 600-800 gr. White Fish filets (Alaska Pollock, Halibut, Trout)
  • 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
  • 1 tsp. Ginger powder
  • 2-3 Tbsp. Orange zest (peeled orange skin)
  • 3-4 Tbsp. Orange juice
  • 3 Tbsp. Heavy Cream, Crème fraiche or Smetana
  • 1 tsp. Marjoram
  • Salt and pepper for seasoning
Preparation:

Wash well the fish filets and dice them. In a hot pan, pour the olive oil, when hot, add the fish dices and cook them well.


Add salt and pepper. Mix and let the fish cook. Then add ginger, marjoram and orange zest. Mix well.


Add the orange juice and let it reduce a bit. Here you can add some white wine for more taste. To finish add the cream of your choice (for a lower-fat option I recommend Smetena or german "Schmand").


Rectify your seasoning and serve. As companion some cooked potatoes or fresh cooked vegetables (broccoli, carrots, peas, etc) goes perfect with this fish. Enjoy!

No comments: