Sunday, October 24, 2010

Interesting Find of the Week - Candy

Halloween marks the start of another obsession of mine, and that is the amount of food that I will consume between now and New Year's Day.  So each year the obsession begins with the annual argument with my husband, and whether or not I should buy the 10 pound bag of candy from Costco...so with Candy so heavily on my mind, here is this week's interesting find:

All of these great recycled pouches are from Claudia Bag Designs

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Fused Plastic Zipper Pouch



Milky Way Chocolate Fused Plastic Zipper Pouch



Chocolate Kisses Fused Plastic Zipper Pouch


Snickers Chocolate Fused Plastic Zipper Pouch



Here's what she states about her recycled items:
★ ABOUT OUR FUSED PLASTIC: We strictly use post-consumer waste plastics for our creations. This is plastic that would otherwise get thrown out with the trash and end up in our landfills.

Once the layers of plastic are fused together, the material will look wrinkled and sometimes worn in places, but that is normal. Fused plastic is strong, unique, and one-of–a-kind and is ready to be made into many creations.

★ THIS CREATION is fully lined with coordinating recycled cotton fabric

Oh milk chocolate.....how I do love thee...

Until next week.  Happy Sewing!
Helen

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! What a neat idea..... Love it!!

Terriaw said...

These bags are SO cool! I love them. Great way to recycle. I think my fellow students in my drawing class would be jealous if I showed up with my supplies in one of these - too fun!