Here's a few quick things you can do to get your etsy/artfire shop holiday ready.
1) Make sure you are set up with Paypal to accept credit card payments from those who do not have or do not wish to have a paypal account.
2) Review your item titles. Titles should be packed with every key word a buyer might use to find your items. This is also how Google indexes your items so make those titles count! You should also be using every tag you can.
3) Review your prices & shiping fees. You may need to raise or lower slightly. Do you have a good range of items and prices? Do you have a few things in the impulse buy range of $20 and below? What could you add to fill this need? Is your shipping fair and correct for each item?
4) Update your blog/facebook/twitter with any holiday specials you are offering. If you have a mailing list, now is a good time to send an early holiday special out to your customers.
5) If you have facebook, install the Artfire Kiosk or Sellit app.
6) Create a facebook fan page for your business and add lots of pictures. Once you get 100 fans, you can change the URL.
Any tips you'd like to share with other sellers?