Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Great American Melting Pot Totebag


Another bag for Carried Away's Summer of Freedom. Come visit the team shop to get a great bag and support our troops.

The Great American Melting Pot by TM Solsisters
Remember those School House Rock cartoons on TV every Saturday morning in the 70's and 80's? I learned all about our how our government is supposed to work and some American history from those catchy tunes. What I also absorbed was the feeling of pride and belief in the dreams America was founded on. Now that I am an adult, I realize government is not so simple and maybe those ideals had more to them then what was in the songs, but I still believe in the core ideal of freedom to live your own life and make what you can of yourself.

"The Great American Melting Pot" is my tribute to the song of the same name that really explained to my then 8-year old mind how America was the land of second chances for so many. It also taught how Americans are made of many backgrounds and that, in the early days, our country welcomed them all. I've tried to teach my daughter that same idea of tolerance for everyone she encounters.

Flashback from Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWJ4udW41Ns

This flowerpot-style bag is Americana through and through. Red patchwork base with a stripe of white topped off with origami blue frayed edge stars made by my daughter. The bag is lined in blue with a zipper pocket and a red pocket. Long handles of deep indigo with a white floral pattern make this a comfortable shoulder bag or tote.

Measures 14" across the top, 7" the bottom. Base is about 2" wide. Closes with a magnetic snap.

Just $30!

No comments: