Sunday, November 2, 2008

Meet Carried Away Team Member: Noella Arsenault of No No's Sew Hip Creations

Today's Meet a Member Feature is Noella of New Brunswick, Canada. I do apologize for any errors in this one. Our new kitten was extremely helpful and supervising EVERY keystroke.

1. What inspires your creations?
Colors, Seasons and fun fabrics.

2. What was the worst mistake you ever made on a project? Did you toss it or turn it to your advantage?
Hummm as a newbie..I have made a few mistakes, and I am sure I will make more! I usually make one of one sample of a design first and then I think about how I can improve the design and how I can change my mistakes the next time I create it..so no, I have not yet tossed anything.

3. Do you like commercial patterns, making your own up, following tutorials or a mix of all three? Which one do you like most and why?

I love using all three, I mostly use tutorials I think those are great! I am now starting to be brave and create my own design...

4. Tell us about your crafting space.
I do have a room! I am lucky to have 4 bedrooms and only one child..I have no photos yet because my sewing room is a work in progress..I just made a table using melamine shelving and folding table legs for cutting my fabric pieces out on. It is 4 ft long and 24" in width. I love it.

5. What is your favorite creation ever?
My favorite creation is a Hobo bag I created for my etsy store.

6. What's the oddest thing you've adapted to meet your sewing needs?
I have not yet done this, but I am sure I will!

7. Besides making bags, what else do you create or enjoy doing?
I am also an avid scrapbooker, I have been scrapbooking for about 7 years, I have my own site called Creatively Yours - Sketches by Noella where I design layout and card sketches and I have my design team interpret them.

8. What's your favorite creation you have for sale right now? why?
I love this little tote!

9. Any advice for fellow bag makers?
Not yet, but I cannot wait to learn from all of you!

10. Favorite thing in your craft space?
My sewing machine!

11. How long have you been making bags and why did you start?
Probably about 4 months ago! I started because I wanted to create handmade gifts to give at the holidays and special occasions..who doesn't need a handbag LOL!

12. What the strangest thing someone has ever said to you in relation to your creations?
Nothing yet!

No comments: